Guided Alta Murgia 7 days
An amazing guided bike tour into the "wild" of Alta Murgia, the biggest and arid area of Apulia region, has four different kind of lifes in bast of the season. Starting from Bari and arriving in Matera, the beautiful Unesco city.
The tour includes a walking path of a day and one cycling touring, a total of five stages. The roads are mostly secondary low traffic, some parts medium traffic, some road traffic in the country almost non-existent. The fund is mostly asphalted, except for some trail sections with medium-length dirt. The trend is mostly flat for the first part of the tour, subsequently becoming a wavy character with a climb of moderate intensity in the final stretch.
Euro 1050/pax (double occupancy)
Single room Euro 1300/pax
Discount for groups starting from 6 people
1° day – no bike
Indipendent arrival in Bari in the hotel
meeting ore 15.00 briefing, bike fitting
2° day – 35 km
Bari > Lama Balice > Giovinazzo > Molfetta
3° day — 35 km
Molfetta > Ruvo di Puglia > Dolmen La Chianca > Trani
4° day – 55 km
Trani > Castel del Monte > Masseria La Coppa (farmhouse)
5° day — 30 km
Masseria La Coppa > Altamura
6° day — 40 km
Altamura > Pulo di Altamura > Matera
7° day — no bike
End of holiday or extension
All accomodations in hotel/Bnb 3*-4* with breakfasts.
Bike rental Specialized (or similar brand).
Ortlieb bags, one handlebar and one side.
Kit safety and repair tools.
Tutor accompanying person on the bike for the whole journey (English language).
Car assistance (not traveling with tour).
Transfer luggage from hotel to hotel.
Medical and luggage insurance.
Guided visit, activities and tasting as indicates in “activities included” (see below).
• Guided rickshaw tour of the old town of Bari (if unavailable, walking tour)
• Pasta making class (“orecchiette”) at the women's houses of the old town of Bari
• Ticket of entrance for one historical site in old Bari
• Visit the ancient pottery and Apulian vases of Jatta Museum of Ruvo
• Ticket of entrance at Castel del Monte
• Visit of masseria La Coppa and his stalls
• Workshop “mozzarella making” at masseria La Coppa
• Visit and demonstration of the processes of milling wheat in Altamura
• Visit and demonstration of processes for bread and tasting at a traditional bakery of
• Guided tour of the Sassi of Matera
- Meals as examples lunches, packed lunches and dinners.
- Any taxes where applicable.
- Picking from airports and returns.
Click and download your plan, see below!
Visit also our guided Itria Valley bike tour