Self guided Matera - Salento 10 days
A beautiful self guided cycling tour in Puglia of ten days starting from Matera and arriving in Lecce around Salento area.
The tour is divided into 9 stages of witch the first and the fifth day are provided exclusevely walking routes to the view of Matera and Lecce, seven days include a bicycle tour traveling with an average of 60 km / day and only for a stretch there is a transfer by train.
The roads are mostly secondary low trafic, some stretches medium traffic, some road in countryside traffic almost nonexistent. The fund is mostly asphalted, except for some dirt or gravel. The development is half with ascent and descent of mid-level and mid-downs in plain and light, the path is suitable for people who love biking trails and preferably trained.
Euro 1290/pax (double occupancy)
Single room Euro 1670/pax
Discount for groups from 4 people
1° day – no bike
Indipendent arrival in Matera in the hotel
meeting ore 15.00 briefing, bike fitting
2° day – 70 km
Matera > Alberobello
3° day — 45 km
Alberobello > Castellana grotte > Polignano > Monopoli
4° day – 60 km
Monopoli > Egnathia > Locorotondo > Cisternino > Ostuni
5° day — no bike
Ostuni > transfer by train > Lecce
6° day — 45 km
Lecce > Acaya > Torre dell'Orso > Laghi Alimini > Otranto
7° day — 50 km
Otranto > Cava Bauxite > Castro > S. Cesarea Terme > Tricase Porto > S.M. Leuca
8° day — 55 km
Leuca > Acquarica del Capo > Torre S. Giovanni > Gallipoli
9° day — 60 km
Gallipoli > Porto Selvaggio > Leverano > Lecce
10° day — no bike
breakfast, end of holiday or extension
- 9 nights lodging in hotel 4* with 9 breakfasts.
- Bike rental Specialized (or similar brand).
- Ortlieb bags, one frontal and one side.
- Kit safety and repair tools.
- Transfer luggage from hotel to hotel.
- Phone assistance (English/Spanish).
- GPS for bike with pre-charged routes (or, in alternative, GPX file).
- Smart road book and infos for the places to visit.
- Medical and luggage insurance.
- Lunches, packed lunches and dinners.
- Any taxes where applicable.
- Picking from airports and returns.
Click and download your plan, see below!
Visit also our guided bike tours