Self guided Alta Murgia 7 days
An amazing bike tour into the "wild" of Alta Murgia, the biggest and arid area of Apulia region, has four different kind of lifes in bast of the season. Starting from Bari and arriving in Matera, the beautiful Unesco city.
The tour includes a walking path of a day and one cycling touring, a total of five stages. The roads are mostly secondary low traffic, some parts medium traffic, some road traffic in the country almost non-existent. The fund is mostly asphalted, except for some trail sections with medium-length dirt. The trend is mostly flat for the first part of the tour, subsequently becoming a wavy character with a climb of moderate intensity in the final stretch.
Euro 790/pax (double occupancy)
Single room Euro 1070/pax
Discount for groups starting from 4 people
1° day – no bike
Indipendent arrival in Bari in the hotel
meeting ore 15.00 briefing, bike fitting
2° day – 35 km
Bari > Lama Balice > Giovinazzo > Molfetta
3° day — 35 km
Molfetta > Ruvo di Puglia > Dolmen La Chianca > Trani
4° day – 55 km
Trani > Castel del Monte > Masseria La Coppa (farmhouse)
5° day — 30 km
Masseria La Coppa > Altamura
6° day — 40 km
Altamura > Pulo di Altamura > Matera
7° day — no bike
End of holiday or extension
- 6 nights lodging in hotel/bnb 3*/4* with 6 breakfasts.
- Bike rental Specialized (or similar brand).
- Ortlieb bags, one handlebar and one side.
- Kit safety and repair tools.
- Transfer luggage from hotel to hotel.
- Phone assistance (English/Spanish).
- GPS for bike with pre-charged routes (or, in alternative, GPX file).
- Smart road book e infos for the places to visit.
- Medical and luggage insurance.
- Meals as examples lunches, packed lunches and dinners.
- Any taxes where applicable.
- Picking from airports and returns.
Click and download your plan, see below!